Changes between Version 6 and Version 7 of doc/install/windows/auth-server

Show
Ignore:
Timestamp:
03/08/08 08:56:40 (11 years ago)
Author:
Robin Jones
Comment:

some more notes and formatting changes

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • doc/install/windows/auth-server

    v6 v7  
    1212 * apache_2.2.6-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8e.msi  from http://mirrors.dedipower.com/ftp.apache.org/httpd/binaries/win32/ 
    1313 * Version 2.6.18 of smarty from http://smarty.php.net/download.php 
    14  * Latest version of the WiFidog-Auth (download the Trunk's zip file) from http://dev.wifidog.org/browser/trunk 
     14 * Latest version of the WiFidog-Auth (download the Trunk's zip file) from http://dev.wifidog.org/browser/trunk (or use a utility like TortoiseSVN) 
    1515 
    1616== Installation == 
     
    129129 
    130130== Work Arounds == 
    131 '''''Install script freezes at Permissions page:'''''[[BR]] 
     131'''''Install script freezes at Permissions page:''''' Possibly fixed in latest svn[[BR]] 
    132132 
    133133Replace the following code in install.php (note this may change if install.php is updated)  
     
    286286'''''Warning in /classes/Locale.php setCurentLocale: Unable to setlocale() to parameter: en_US. I tried en_US.UTF-8, en_US, en.UTF-8, en, and got return value: English_United States.1252, current locale is: English_United States.1252'''''[[BR]] 
    287287 
    288 comment the line 
    289  echo sprintf("Warning in /classes/Locale.php setCurentLocale: Unable to setlocale() to %s: %s.  I tried %s, %s, %s, %s, and got return value: %s, current locale is: %s",$q, $locale_id, $candidate_locale_array[0], $candidate_locale_array[1], $candidate_locale_array[2], $candidate_locale_array[3], $current_locale, setlocale(LC_ALL, 0))."<br/>"; 
     288In /classes/Locale.php comment the line 
     289 
     290{{{ 
     291257         echo sprintf("Warning in /classes/Locale.php setCurentLocale: Unable to setlocale() to %s: %s.  I tried %s, %s, %s, %s, and got return value: %s, current locale is: %s",$q, $locale_id, $candidate_locale_array[0], $candidate_locale_array[1], $candidate_locale_array[2], $candidate_locale_array[3], $current_locale, setlocale(LC_ALL, 0))."<br/>"; 
     292 
     293}}} 
     294 
     295''This is happening because of the way windows returns the system local. It uses full names for languages rather than the abreviations, so when the first 3 letters ("Eng") are checked against what PHP holds (En_) the if statement fails. to solve this, "substr ($current_locale, 0 , 2)" could be changed to "substr ($current_locale, 0 , 1)" so it only matches the first 2 letters ("En") however this may still fail on languages like German as they use "De". Another way is to check to see if the OS is windows and test accordingly.'' 
    290296 
    291297 
     
    310316'''Incorrect URL''' 
    311317The following line in the flie path_defines_base  
     318 
     319{{{ 
    312320if ($browser_url == "" || substr($browser_url,-1,1) != '/') $browser_url .= '\'; 
     321}}} 
    313322 
    314323should be changed to  
     324 
     325{{{ 
    315326if ($browser_url == "" || substr($browser_url,-1,1) != '/') $browser_url .= ''; 
    316  
     327}}}