|Version 3 (modified by Andrew Hodel, 5 years ago)|
Wifidog works great for open networks where you would allow anyone to connect and register. This may not always be the desired result you are looking for.
With this in mind I have made a few very minor changes which allow Wifidog to operate in this manner, while not disturbing the original way in which Wifidog is supposed to operate. My goal is to work to improve this, and hopefully collaborate in order to expand the area in which Wifidog is used.
This document will assume the reader understands the normal operation of a Wifidog network and is wanting to apply this configuration to an already operational network.
Follow the directions below to make these changes, then access http://wifidogauthserver/manual_adduser.php. You will add users here. Everything else will operate normally.
The original Author, Andrew Hodel can be contacted at andrewhodel _@_ gmail.com.
First Step - Authenticator:
Initially you must set the Network authenticator class for the default network to "AuthenticatorLocalUserNoSignup"
Second Step - Code Changes:
Below is a list of files, a list of changes for each file with the reasoning behind it, and a copy of the modified file. For the time being you can simply copy the files to your installation of Wifidog. All files are attached.
* /manual_useradd.php - Creates the User and Activates the Account, Based from /signup.php (*NEW FILE*)
* /templates/sites/manual_useradd.tpl - Smarty Template for /manual_useradd.php (*NEW FILE*)
* /templates/classes/Authenticator_getLoginForm.tpl - Slight modification of the original for later removal of "Create New Account button"
Third Step - Theme Pack which hides the free signup button:
As noted for the file "templates/classes/Authenticator_getLoginForm.tpl", it is ideal to remove the "Free User Registration Button" from the login page for our purposes. With the addition of a "submitnewaccount" class on the login form, we can easily do this in a Closed Network theme with css.
The theme pack is attached: closed.tar.bz2
Extract it into /media/network_theme_packs/
Future Work and Goals
The first and most important goal is to either insert authentication code in the manual_useradd script, or move the code into the current user manager. As it stands right now anyone who can access that file can add a new user!
Other ideas are floating around but currently there is much work to be done on what we have. If you have any ideas to add please include them below.
- manual_useradd.php (10.3 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 5 years ago.
- manual_useradd.tpl (7.1 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 5 years ago.
- Authenticator_getLoginForm.tpl (4.7 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 5 years ago.
- closed.tar.bz2 (56.0 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 5 years ago.
- manual_useradd.2.php (10.1 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 5 years ago.
- addUserManually.tar.gz (4.9 KB) - added by globinostudio@… 4 years ago.