Wifidog works great for open networks where you would allow anyone to connect and register. This may not always be the desired result you are looking for.
With this in mind I have made a few very minor changes which allow Wifidog to operate in this manner, while not disturbing the original way in which Wifidog is supposed to operate. My goal is to work to improve this, and hopefully collaborate in order to expand the area in which Wifidog is used.
This document will assume the reader understands the normal operation of a Wifidog network and is wanting to apply this configuration to an already operational network.
The original Author, Andrew Hodel can be contacted at andrewhodel _@_ gmail.com.
First Step - Authenticator:
Initially you must set the Network authenticator class for the default network to "AuthenticatorLocalUserNoSignup"
Second Step - Code Changes:
First possibility (don't works for me):
Below is a list of files, a list of changes for each file with the reasoning behind it, and a copy of the modified file. For the time being you can simply copy the files to your installation of Wifidog. All files are attached.
- /manual_useradd.php - Creates the User and Activates the Account, Based from /signup.php (*NEW FILE*)
- /templates/sites/manual_useradd.tpl - Smarty Template for /manual_useradd.php (*NEW FILE*)
After make these changes, access http://wifidogauthserver/manual_adduser.php. You will add users here.
Second possibility (my version (globinostudio [on the fabulous system of] gmail.com)):
- Place addUserManually.php into /admin
- Place addUserManually.tpl into /admin/templates
for accessing the form : http://www.myAuthServer.org/admin/addUserManually.php You need to be logged as admin to use it.
Future Work and Goals
The first and most important goal is to either insert authentication code in the manual_useradd script, or move the code into the current user manager. As it stands right now anyone who can access that file can add a new user
Problem solved with the second alternative !
Other ideas are floating around but currently there is much work to be done on what we have. If you have any ideas to add please include them below.
- manual_useradd.php (10.3 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 9 years ago.
- manual_useradd.tpl (7.1 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 9 years ago.
- Authenticator_getLoginForm.tpl (4.7 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 9 years ago.
- closed.tar.bz2 (56.0 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 9 years ago.
- manual_useradd.2.php (10.1 KB) - added by Andrew Hodel 9 years ago.
- addUserManually.tar.gz (4.9 KB) - added by globinostudio@… 8 years ago.